Forum Thread: Inspiration Drew DeMartinis!!!

One of the best music videos I have ever seen.  Stupid Amazing. 

12 Responses

I love the lighting grids they used, very rich and all done with practical bulbs.  I imagine the mirrored room was very small, but when repeated it seems infinite.

I longed for some other setups but the few they had were gorgeous.

This is amazingly beautiful!!!

Where are the new videos?  Falling behind is no way to start the semester.

One of my favorite movies, a really amazing sequence.

That's really cool Drew.

Mike - Is the glass effect done using hundreds of individually animated pieces or is there an easier way to do this?

Not a video of any kind, but just an interesting view of human behavior:

"People with antisocial personality disorder lie repeatedly... Usually they are also careless with money and frequently fail to pay their debts.  They are also impulsive, taking action without thinking of the consequences.  Correspondingly, they may be irritable, aggressive, and quick to start fights.  Many travel from place to place.

Recklessness is another common trait: People with antisocial personality disorder have little regard for their own safety or for that of others, even their [own] children.  They are self-centered as well, and are likely to have trouble maintaining close relationships.  Usually they develop a knack for gaining personal profit at the expense of other people.  Because of the pain or damage they cause seldom concerns them, clinicians commonly say they lack a moral conscience.  They think of their victims as weak and deserving of being conned, robbed, or even physically harmed."

This was taken out of my textbook, entitled "Abnormal Psychology."  People are so interesting.

"Guess what I do for adventure... I hang glide on a dorito."

So cute! So funny! Please check it out!

I WAS GOING TO DO THIS ONE!!!!  Argh.  Best video.

"Love never dies a natural death. It dies because we don't know how to replenish its source. It dies of blindness and errors and betrayals. It dies of illness and wounds; it dies of weariness, of witherings, of tarnishings."
Anaïs Nin

Another quote, this time by Carrie Fischer:

I do not wish for peace [in my life], I just don't want war

This. Is. Amazing.

Share Your Thoughts

• Hot
  • Active